Monday, August 28, 2006

“Amazon.com has new recommendations for you…”


Have you ever purchased books from Amazon.com? Well, I have, several books in fact. You know how that have their system where after every book you browse you get automatic recommendations like, “other people who bought this book also liked this book” etc.? That’s neat I think, and I have ended buying books based on that too. But, and here is a big BUT, couple of days I ago Amazon.com sent me an email:

“XXXXXX XXXX, Amazon.com has new recommendations for you based on items you purchased or told us you own.

We recommend:
Romancing Mary Jane: A Year in the Life of a Failed Marijuana Grower by Michael Poole

Recommended because you purchased or rated:
* Pot Planet: Adventures in Global Marijuana Culture

Book Description
“This is an intimate, funny, and eye-opening account of ten months in the life of a neophyte marijuana grower. Entering middle age, Michael Poole decides to retire from the film industry. He moves to British Columbia and throws himself wholeheartedly into marijuana cultivation, thinking that he'll make a bundle. Along the way, he experiences all the paranoia and other vagaries of the pot farming subculture. Romancing Mary Jane is an engaging blend of metaphysics, marijuana, and midlife crisis.“

Yeah, I admit it, I did buy Pot Planet like two years ago and I did enjoy it a lot but now I am starting to feel that THEY know a little bit too much about me & my preferences…

2 comments:

Kriton Music said...

those cheeky bastards at Amazon.com. Jzzi, be careful out there in the .com-wilderness!

But still, i bet that's a good book. Kids nowadays should concentrate on some good-ass weed instead of consuming the devil alcohol all the time. In fact - i've got an idea. it's time we make smoking weed cool again! smoke weed smoke weed smoke weed! dont booz dont booze dont booze!

Hennyman said...

YOU BOOZE YOU LOSE - USE WEED AND SUCCEED - YOU BOOZE YOU LOSE ...altogether now... :-)

(This is humor, the Kriton Posse is not suggesting the use of any drugs. We are pro-life and we like to keep our mids awake.