Sunday, March 26, 2006

This is why I hate the spring...

Whoo! Spring has finally arrived in Helsinki, sun is shining and everybody is happy and all that, but: with the chaging season you also get all the new nuisances associated with the new season. Look at the photo, my dirty Stan Smiths. This really is why I hate early spring.

I love my sneakers but it's next to impossible to keep your shoes clean and nice when all the snow melting and streets are wet and dirty. Horrible. And even if I wanted to, I cannot be like Missy Elliot who apparently uses her sneakers only once, to keep 'em fresh, you know.

If you are into sneakers and want to know what styles all the 'cool' Helsinki people sport, look here. There is an interesting sneaker discussion thread on Lifesaver records' discussion board, where people are posting a pictures of the sneakers they are wearing on that particular day. And yeah, I started it myself way back in December.

2 comments:

Kriton Music said...

Word up! you don't wanna ruin your expensive sneakers in the wet'n'wild finnish spring...

Anonymous said...

Kids should have a toothbrush in the pocket for these incidents. Keep 'em sneakers shining!