Saturday, September 09, 2006

Rap impersonator extraordinaire



I used to consider impersonators as pretty friggin' dull, I mean guys like JP don't really make me laugh. Then there are guys like Dave Chapelle, who do it pretty good - not maybe technically, but they can capture the real essence of the person in the case (like the classics "I'm Rick James, b****" and such). But this guy in the clip above is awesome. He don't make me laugh either, but uzgotta admit, he's the top cat. He goes so smoothly from Snoop Dogg to Jay Z to DMX.

And I also love the beat (Nas: thief's Theme) that samples the ever great "Inagaddadavida" by Iron Butterfly . What actually makes me laugh, is that it reminds me of the Simpsons' episode, where the reverend went berzerk and started singing the same tune, with the lyrics "in the garden of eden, baby..."

No comments: