Tuesday, June 12, 2007

B-More = Jive Bunny


Last night I was listening to the Kovalevy show on Basso Radio where Mr. Fiskars was blasting B-More or Baltimore Club Tracks or whatever you wanna call that stuff.

You know what I am talking about, right? Look HERE and read up if you don’t.

Anyhow, he played several tracks which sampled heavily those ‘60s girl pop groups and similar stuff, like ‘Please, Mr. Postman’ etc. This made me realize one thing:

B-More = Jive Bunny.

Yeah, that’s right. Unlike many of those young jocks playing that Baltimore stuff, I am old enough to remember Jive Bunny and the Mastermixers in the 1980s, unfortunately. And I can assure you that the difference between the classic Jive Bunny tracks such as "Swing the Mood" and "Let's Party" and some of those B-More tracks, is next to non-existent.

So what? I dunno. I guess nothing. Carry on, sir.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes siiir. i don't wanna get all besserwisser on yo ass, but i noticed that too, quite some time ago. in fact , i believe it was Spank Rock's "Voila" mix, the first bmore (type) mix i ever heard (besides Diplo). there are a couple bmore remixes of of pop/rock classics (like Stand By Me) on that mix that automatically brough Jive Bunny to my mind.

at first i thought: oh shit. but after a while that stuff started to grow on me. which Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers kinda never did.

but maybe i'll did up those 80's compilation lp's with Jive Bunny tracks on them one day. who knows, it might be DA SHIT right now.


*fiil incident*