Thursday, June 01, 2006

Smash My iPod Up!


This link should keep you laughing for a minute or two. These guys have found a way to finance their strange hobby of smashing stuff, in this case ipods. This is what they have to say and they've got videos to prove it:

"After we collect $400 in donations, we will take that money to a local Apple Store. We will purchase the iPod, open it right inside the store, and destroy it right on the spot. The whole thing will be shot on film, and displayed on this site. This is only a social experiment, for the entertainment of the donors, and visitors of this site. "

Ipods are probably really over hyped, they've obviously lost their "glamour" as they've become so popular, but I think they're still pretty darn cool devices. I luv technology that is designed for the end user, not the engineer. And they're proven to be a true goldmine for Apple. Ipods have helped to create a Halo Effect to boost the sales of the whole Apple product line. Or have you seen an Apple computer ad in mass media lately? Nope, but ipod's are well represented all over.

Well I don't have an ipod myself, I have the other one. Which one is it? I could give you a hint: it's the second best selling mobile media player, with a market share of approximately 5 %. (I guess mobile phones are not counted in these statistics). Ok, try this link to find out what gagdet I'm carrying.

2 comments:

Kriton Music said...

Dude, Apple guys are crazy! Just Crazy! My old 60gb iPod crashed totally and gave me the "sad iPod" face. There was nothing i could do to make my iPod happy again.

I went to the "Mac huolto" -store closeby to get it fixed - the warranty was still on and stuff. Today got it back. And guess what - they had repalced my old, smashed iPod (that kinda looked the same as the ones on this post by Hennessy...) with a brand new, shiny one. Dude, how lucky am I?!! Very nice Steve, I'll be a loyal customer to your brand until the bitter end!

I <3 my new shiny iPod!!!!!

Hennyman said...

I hope you had copies of all of those songs on that old Ipod. It would be quite expensive to purchase them again via ITunes :-)