Saturday, March 14, 2009

Marmite tonite!


Not being an englishman, I cannot say what Marmite means to the peeps in UK. However I had to buy some Marmite for the first time in my life 'cos it just looked so appealing on the market shelf at one of these ethnic stores in Hakaniemi today (yah, maybe the british food culture is considered ethnic here, who knows). According to wikipedia it should have some umami qualities. Hmm. Let us see.

I'll probably dislike the taste of it, 'cos I don't even fancy any peanut butter or chocolate spreads on my toast. I'm all butter, jam, marmelade or cheese spread -man. Totally. No exceptions here. Unless the Marmite blows my mind .

1 comment:

Hennyman said...

Well, it's as weird stuff as I expected, but I kinda like it. It's like putting soy sauce on your toast in a way. It's salty and has a lot of attitude and it strikes back very hard. But great opposite force to jam. It's a ying & yang thing.